And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Genesis 1:31 (KJV)
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Of those things that challenge the faith, some of them happen within the Christian community.
• What’s the difference between all the churches?
• What’s the difference between all the Bible versions?
But outside of the Christian world, probably the biggest question any of us are challenged with have to do with Creation vs Evolution.
It seems to me that some of the biggest challenges are:
• The school system teaches that evolution is a scientific fact
• It is assumed that creation is a faith-based belief with no real proof
• The consequence of creation is not one that the natural man wants to accept
What I hope to do in this message is give you a starting point for standing on the truth of creation by pointing out some of the weaknesses of evolution that are seldom discussed and often covered up.
IT IS UNPROVEABLE
A. Science is guided by three basic principles:
1. Can the question be observed by experience rather than pure logic?
In order for science to be true science, it must be observed.
Let’s use man going to the moon as an example. There were tons of science (and mathematics) involved in accomplishing the feat. It started with an object in the heavens that mankind has been looking at for thousands of years. We didn’t shoot for something that might be there. No one had been there, but people had been studying it as long as there is a recorded history of people. We knew a lot about
• Its orbit,
• Its size and
• Its distance from earth
The science involved in these studies was possible because, over the course of these many thousands of years, the moon hasn’t changed. Science knew that. People had been watching it and recording what they saw for as long as there have been people.
2. Can the question be tested and measured?
In order for science to be true science, those things it claims to be true must be able to be tested and measured. The moon has a predictable pattern that lends itself to measurements. Scientists were able to develop tests that measured the precise distance from earth to the moon. That was essential so they knew, for instance how much fuel it would require for a rocket, that burnt measurable amounts of fuel reach the moon and return.
3. Can the result be duplicated?
For science to be true science, the thing that science claims must be able to be duplicated. Neil Armstrong’s famous words as the first man on the moon began with, “That’s one small step for man.” But that wasn’t the first or the last time man put down something on the moon. The United States made six manned landings on the moon and I could not quite count all of the unmanned landings made by:
• The U.S.
• Russia and
The reason we could successfully send men to the moon and bring them home safely is because the science for the project is:
• Measurable and
Here’s the thing,
B. Evolution fails the test of being scientific
Cannot be observed
since it happened supposedly billions of years ago,
Cannot be tested
(or those tests they have attempted have failed) and
Cannot be duplicated
They have never been able to reproduce evolution.
In truth, evolutionary theory denies the main point of science in that it is a theory that relies solely on failed logic of Darwin.
C. While schools almost exclusively say Creation is not scientific, science more likely proves Creation
There are dozens of scientists and researchers who have documented
• Purposeful deceits or
• Proven falsehoods
that are still taught as fact.
One site sums it up like this,
“Did you know that science textbooks from elementary school through college continue to print “facts” that were patently proven false decades ago? We examine these common textbook topics:”
• Peppered Moths – where a scientist glued a dead moth to a tree to depict something the moth had never done
• Embryonic Homology – where a scientist drew a series of animal embryos to show how similar they all are. He even drew gills on the human embryo. That scientist was actually charge with fraud. But his drawings are still used to represent a human embryo
• The Miller Experiment- where a scientist claimed to have created amino acids, the building blocks of life. What is not told students is that his amino acids are exactly the opposite of the kind we need to live. They are poisonous to life, not the building blocks of life.
• The Geologic Column – where scientists supposedly studied the layers of sediment in the geologic columns and scientifically aged them according to when the layer settled. The fact is, their column was created before any dating methods were in use. They made up names like “Jurassic” Years later, when dating methods were developed, they were based on the column was not corrected to align with the dating tests, but the dating test were designed to conform to the geologic column already in existence.
I used to get Time magazine. One of my biggest reasons is, I enjoyed their once a year report on all of the things evolutionary scientists disagreed about. If you read much on these subjects what you discover is that the only thing evolutionary scientists agree on is that God did not create the heavens and the earth.
There is every reason in the world to question evolution.
Evolution requires, as much or more “faith” than Bible Creation.
IT CONTAINS MANY FANCIFUL IDEAS
A. That life began from a “big bang + a lot of time”
Despite the fact that all observable science shows that everything decays over time and the explosion make them decay more quickly. Any thinking person knows nothing is built by an explosion.
B. That every form of life, from an oyster to a man, all started from a single replicating molecule.
On this note let me point out that…
C. Evolutionists are among the most avid believers in other intelligent beings on other planets.
In Ben Stein’s film called, “Expelled” in an interview with Richard Dawkins, one of the world’s most respected evolutionary scientists, Dawkins speculates that life on earth may have been “seeded” by some advanced extraterrestrial life form.
I want to finish this message by recommending some places to get further information. What I will recommend are simple but, if you find you want to dig deeper, these sources do offer other, more academic resources.
I recommend Answers in Genesis.
They are the creators of the Ark Encounter back in Ohio. They are not Baptists, and they do not use the King James Version of the Bible, but they can provide a great deal of helpful information concerning the science of Creation and the falsehoods of evolutionary theory.
I recommend PragerU’s videos on creation vs evolution.
Dennis Prager is Jewish. He does not present a gospel message, but he does have a few 5 minute videos, like the ones I showed tonight, on the subject evolution, or creation.